Thursday, January 3, 2008

Introduction

Welcome to plasmoidia photography! My name is Jonathan, but I tend to go by plasmoidia around the Internet. I have been interested in photography for a while now. In March 2004, I bought my first digital camera, a Canon PowerShot A70 point and shoot. Then, about a year and a half ago, I decided to upgrade to a dSLR camera, a Canon Digital Rebel XT (also called the 350D). Since that time, between playing with my camera and reading stuff online, I have learned a lot about photography. I am certainly no expert, but my knowledge of photography has grown tremendously since buying my Rebel XT. Being a computer engineer in real life, I have a much better grasp and appreciation of the technical elements of photography. I am still working on the artistic part, hoping that will come with practice.

When you carry around a big camera, people begin to assume that you know a lot about cameras and photography. Thus, occasionally I get asked by friends about such topics. So I thought I would start this blog to share some of the things I have learned. When I bought my dSLR, I also bought a pro Flickr account to host my pictures in order to share them. In addition to hosting pictures, Flickr has been an excellent resource for learning about photography.

You can check out my photos on Flickr here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/plasmoidia/

And here you can check out my profile:
http://www.flickr.com/people/plasmoidia/

Well, I think that is about it for now. I hope to get some posts up soon.

No comments: